Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pictures from Martin's Cove

Have started going up on my web site. You probably don't want to sift through thousands of pictures to see my handsome mug, so I'll post a few here.




Don't I make a cute pioneer.




Just get your stuff to the church on time and maybe I won't loose it.




Brother Seymore speaking at the meadow where the Willie Company was rescued. Imagine it with 2 feet of snow and the wind a howling across the plain.




Winding our way along the trail.




Now imagine the river swollen with melting snow and ice blocks flowing.




Martin's Cove, a cove in the rock. They camped starting at the middle right where it turns green (water available) and around behind this ridge to get out of the wind. 56 people died here and they were 'buried' (actually dumped) on the upper left side of the ridge.




And the pony express arrived with the mail on the horse "Biscuit." Of course, we had to eat "Biscuit" in the morning with gravy.


I know there is a better picture of me somewhere in the collection, but I can't seem to find it at the moment, imagine that. So if you see on great picture of me, let me know.

2 comments:

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

WOW That look cool and you look the same just in pioneer clothing !
Hanna

loner said...

Looks like you had fun now imagine the caldwells coming through there back in 1854