Monday, July 9, 2007

Mandy and Mike Visit



Mandy, Mike, Brevin, Jace, and Ashlynn were here last week to visit. After a family golf tournament, we spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday camping in the west slope of the Tetons. Had a great time. Got up early and went and washed the ballons in Driggs, but generally ate and played. Cooked marshmallows and hotdogs over the fire, played in Teton creek, and hiked up to a small waterfall.

After the kids left Wednesday, Tina's dad and I went fishing down in the valley on the Teton river. I probably caught 30 fish in about 1 hour. Most of them were whitefish, but the whitefish were taking dry flies on the surface, jumping out of the water, and just acting more like brook trout or rainbows (both of which I caught). They must like the warmer water. It was warm enough that I was wading wet up to my waist. Not something you do often in Idaho.

I'll add some pictures when I get them off of my camera, but I do have some pictures from Mandy's last visit that I'll add. Mandy and Ashlynn climbed Angel's Landing both of the two weekends before coming to Idaho. So you Caldwells that didn't do it at the family reunion a couple of weeks ago, but hurry up and do it before it starts to cool off :)


No comments: