Monday, June 16, 2008

Successful parenting



So tonight as I was tucking Aiden into bed I was discussing with him about the load of clothes he had failed to fold ALL DAY, and how he had to fold clothes everyday until he did it correctly (really he only has to fold two loads, and as you all know that doesn't cover it all, and the quality it pretty questionable when it is done). I explained that everybody does a little so mom doesn't have to do it all. Then I went on to explain that I had him do chores so that when he was big and lived by himself, and had to do all the chores, then he would know how. I immediately knew I was wrong when terror streaked across his face and he started bawling. He was sobbing hard as he said, "I don't want to live without you." Needless to say even after I explained that he could always live with me and dad, I still had to hold him until he fell asleep, still crying. All in all I think I was successful in traumatizing my child, and now I will go fold some clothes.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

If you only traumatize him this once consider yourself a grand sucess
Val

hanna (kmcaldwell) said...

Poor Aiden..... I mean lucky i wish my parents had traumatized me into doing chores. So Aiden be thankful because you would of ended up lazy always on the computer blogging, like me.
Hanna & Ashlee Caldwell